Incorporating Massage into Our Gentle Care Plans in Mansfield and Ontario
Simpson Chiropractic Spine and Disc Center offers massage therapy as part of our gentle treatments in Ontario, OH. Our team uses a variety of techniques to meet your specific needs. Whether you are looking for simple relaxation or receive massage therapy as part of your individualized care plans, our methods promote physical and mental wellness. Therapeutic massage is a powerful method that can effectively alleviate pain in your muscles, joints, and soft tissues.
We welcome our clients from Ontario and Mansfield Monday through Saturday. To help you get the chiropractic care you need, we accept many insurance providers. Our staff members are also available to answer any questions you may have about our services.
Contact Simpson Chiropractic Spine and Disc Center us today at (419) 314-3197 to learn more about our massage therapies in Ontario!
Promoting Well-Being with Specific Massage Techniques
At Simpson Chiropractic Spine and Disc Center, we incorporate various methods and styles of therapeutic massages to restore and preserve your health. These appointments are also wonderful opportunities for you to enjoy some relaxing time all to yourself.
For greater comfort, we usually perform massage therapy with you lying down on a massage table or a padded mat on the floor. Our providers make sure to provide you with a soft sheet to drape yourself in if you are receiving a massage that requires any type of undress. We may also use safe massage oils in our treatment.
Our massage techniques include:
- Swedish Massage: This very popular style effectively relieves tension and pain by applying gentle pressure and friction to muscles and joints. If this is your first time getting a massage, this method is a great introduction. Our provider adjusts the amount of pressure they use to knead, stretch, and tap your sore tissues and muscles according to your preference and the goals of the session. In addition to its relaxing properties, Swedish massage also stimulates blood circulation and its levels of oxygen and improves flexibility.
- Thai Massage: With this technique, we increase muscle relaxation by helping you perform specific stretches. For this type of session, you remain fully clothed, and we recommend you opt for a comfortable outfit that allows you to move your body freely. This helps you engage in the stretches and poses to yield maximum benefit from your massage. This method is both invigorating and relaxing, and it also boosts your circulation and range of motion.
- Hot Stone: This lighter form of massage leverages the heat from smooth stones to help your therapist perform a deep massage of your muscles and soft tissues without any discomfort for you. This popular massage therapy can effectively relieve symptoms associated with stress, depression, and other mood issues. It can also alleviate stiffness due to arthritis.
- Relaxation Massage: Are you looking for a self-care opportunity to reduce tension and lift your mood? This type of soothing massage is for you! This treatment is highly customizable, and we adjust the pressure to your preference. This method has extensive benefits for your mental health while alleviating soreness in your upper tissue layers and muscles.
As part of our chiropractic care, we also offer massage therapies to address the specific medical conditions that some clients experience. These treatments include sports massages to support those who engage in regular physical activity. We offer restorative massages for those experiencing burn scars to improve their recovery. Our team is also happy to offer prenatal massages to promote well-being for our expecting clients and their babies.
Sports massage is important when you exercise or practice sport. While this type of therapeutic massage is vital while you are healing from a sports injury, it is also effective during training to improve and maintain your physical conditioning. We tailor your sports massage to your situation, whether it is a maintenance session, a pre or post-event appointment.
The benefits of sports massage include:
- Full range of motion
- Quick recovery
- Higher energy levels
- Lesser risk of injury
- Increased blood circulation
- Minimized muscle soreness
Burn scar massage therapy is an effective addition to regular medical treatment for those recovering from burn injuries. This type of therapeutic massage can stimulate skin regeneration, alleviate pain and itching, and increase the individual's range of motion. We usually recommend and can demonstrate appropriate stretching exercises to support the sessions at our practice.
If your pregnancy is low-risk, you can greatly benefit from prenatal massage therapy. If you are experiencing a high-risk pregnancy, we recommend you check with your doctor to clear you before seeing us. We want to make sure you and your baby stay safe and healthy. Prenatal massage uses special techniques to alleviate back, hips, or pelvic pain. During your appointment, our providers generally has you lay on your side and place pillows around you for increased support and comfort. We do not use deep tissue techniques and instead focus on very gentle ones. Prenatal therapeutic massage provides effective pain relief, including for headaches, and boosts your well-being.
“My husband and I have been going to Dr Simpson for several years now. He is the Best Chiropractor in town! They can always get you in and the staff is super nice and courteous. They truly care about your well being! Five stars all the way!! ”- Sharon R.